1. TRUCK CHASSIS. Lubricate truck in accordance with current Lubrication Order LO 9-2320-260-12.
2. FOR OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT IN. PROTRACTED COLD TEMPERATURE BELOW -10" F
(- 23C). Remove lubricants prescribed in the key for temperature above -10F (- 23C). Clean parts with
drycleaning solvent (SD-II). Relubricate with lubricants specified in the key for temperatures below -10F (-23 C).
3. TEMPERATURE RISES. If ambient temperature rises to + 70F ( +21C) for no more than 1 week, use of
OE/HDO 10 is permissible. If ambient temperature rises to + 30F (-1C) for no more than 1 week, use of OEA is
permissible, In both cases, if temperature rise exceeds 1 week, the next grade of engine lubricating oil must be
4. OIL CAN POINTS. Every 1000 miles or monthly, lubricate hinges and latches, power takeoff shift linkage, bogie
lockout screws, hydraulic control lever linkage, and aft diedown lock shaft bolts and nuts with seasonal grade
5. WINCH AND UNFULDING CABLES (All models). After each operation, clean and oil with new OE/HDO. If cables
are not generally used, pay out entire cable every 6 months (500 hrs), clean, and soak by means of a brush with
new OE/HDO. Wipe off excess and coat cables with CW-11. Also coat winch drum with CW-11 before rewinding
cable on drum. Pay in cable and lower boom.
6. WINCH (Model II-S-EC) (Fill and drain plugs on end of housing.) Quarterly (250 hrs), with boom in vertical
position, remove filler plug from winch final drive gear case. If oil level is below plug hole, replenish to bottom of
hole. Every 2 years (2,000 hrs), remove both filler plug and drain plug and drain gear case. Install drain plug and fill
to filler plug. Install filler plug. Pay in cable and lower boom.
7. WINCH (Model PG 115-043R) (Fill and drain plug on winch drum.) Quarterly (250 hrs), with boom in vertical
position, pay out cable to expose the lube fill/drain plug in the winch drum. Continue to pay out cable until the
fill/drain plug is in the 9 o'clock position. Remove plug. If oil level is below the plug hole, replenish to the bottom of
the hole. Every 2 years (2,000 hrs), continue to pay out cable until the fill/drain plug is in the 6 o'clock position.
Remove plug and drain winch. Pay in cable until fill/drain plug is in the 9 o'clock position. Refill to level below plug
hole. Install plug, pay in cable, and lower boom.
8. CABLE TENSlONER. Weekly, with boom in vertical position, remove level/fill plug from cable tensioner; if level
is below level plug hole, replenish to bottom of hole. Install plug. Every year (1 ,000 hrs), remove drain plug and
level plug, and drain gear case. Install drain plug and fill to level plug hole. Install level plug.
9. POWER TAKEOFF SHAFT UNIVERSAL AND SLIP JOINTS. Every 3 months (250 hrs), lubricate using a low
pressure lubrication gun.
10. TRANSPORTER HYDRAULIC RESERVOIR. Remove oil reservoir filler cap and check strainer. Clean if neces-
sary and install strainer. With boom in lowered position, remove drain plug and drain. Clean and install drain plug.
Refill reservoir with OE/HDO. Slowly raise and lower boom several times and recheck oil level. Proper level of oil is
at high mark with boom lowered or midway between high and low marks with boom raised.
11. HYDRAULIC SYSTEM FILTER. With pump running, check restriction indicator. Replace filter element when
color gauge piston nears top of yellow band.
12. RAMP BAY HYDRAULIC RESERVOIRS. Remove filler plug and replenish with OE/HDO. Proper level of oil is
3.5 0.25 inches below top of filler hole.
Card 4 of 5