ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS TROUBLESHOOTING (Contd)
Table 1. Electrical Troubleshooting Procedures (Contd).
TEST OR INSPECTION
1. Check engine circuit switch.
1. Turn switch to ON position.
2. ONE OR BOTH
2. Test switch, if switch is defective
DO NOT COME ON
(MASTER SWITCH ON)
2. Inspect engine circuit fuse.
If defective, replace fuse.
3. Test battery for load.
If defective replace battery
4. Check battery connections and
1. Clean battery posts and cable
2. Tighten cable leads.
3. Replace defective cables
1. Inspect individual lamps.
Replace defective lamps. Refer to
3. INDIVIDUAL LIGHTS
lamp, and navigational lamps.
2. Check lamp sockets for corrosion.
1. Remove corrosion from lamp
2. If corrosion is not present, check
spring action of lamp socket
terminals. If terminal springs are
3. Test circuit fuse on control panel.
If fuse is defective, replace
4. Test switch on control panel.
If switch is defective, replace
1. Test individual sending unit.
If sending unit is defective, replace.
temperature sending unit and
present at gauge.
AND OIL PRESSURE)
3. Check individual gauge for
If gauge is damaged, replace
Check operation of water temperature
1. Verify voltage is present.
If voltage is not present inspect cable
and cable connection for damage,
replace cable if damaged.
2. Verify water temperature sending
If water temperature sending unit is
unit is operating properly.
not operating properly, replace