EXHAUST REPLACEMENT (Contd)
Do not touch hot exhaust system components with bare hands.
Allow exhaust to cool. Failure to comply may result in injury to
Cover all openings to keep debris from entering turbocharger.
Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
The port side exhaust and starboard side exhaust are replaced the
same way. The port side exhaust contains four clamps; the
starboard side exhaust contains two clamps. This procedure covers
the replacement of the starboard side exhaust.
Keep hose raised above engine level to ensure there is no fluid spill.
1. Loosen clamp (7) on hose (8).
2. Disconnect hose (8) from exhaust elbow nipple (6).
3. Loosen four locknuts (12) on clamps (9).
4. Remove four clamps (9) and sleeve (10) from exhaust port (11) and exhaust elbow (5).
5. Remove four screws (4), washers (3), exhaust elbow (5), and gasket (2) from turbocharger housing (1).
Discard gasket (2).
1. Apply thin coat of antiseize compound on four screws (4).
2. Install new gasket (2) and exhaust elbow (5) on turbocharger housing (1) with four washers (3) and
3. Position sleeve (10) with four clamps (9) on exhaust elbow (5) and exhaust port (11) and tighten
4. Connect hose (8) to exhaust elbow nipple (6) and tighten clamp (7).
5. Close engine hatches (TM 5-1940-322-10).