BATTERY HATCH COVER, HINGES, AND SUPPORT BRACE MAINTENANCE (Contd)
1. Open battery hatch (1).
2. Remove twenty-seven locknuts (4), fifty-four washers (5), and twenty-seven screws (7) from three
hinges (8), battery hatch (1), and boat frame (6). Discard locknuts (4).
3. Remove three hinges (8) and battery hatch (1) from boat frame (6).
4. Remove locknut (4), washers (5), and screw (7) securing battery hatch support brace (3) to boat
frame (6). Discard locknut (4).
5. Remove battery hatch support brace (3) from boat frame (6).
6. If necessary, remove seal (2) from inside of battery hatch (1). Discard seal (2).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
Skysol 100 solvent is combustible; DO NOT use or store near heat,
sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Use mechanical ventilation
whenever product is used in a confined space, heated above
ambient temperatures, or agitated. Keep container sealed when not
Contact with Skysol 100 may cause skin irritation. Use chemical-
resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any contaminated
clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may cause
irritation, tearing, or blurring of vision. Use face shield or goggles
when eye contact may occur. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with
large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes or until irritation
subsides. Inhalation may cause irritation to upper respiratory
passages. DO NOT have food or drink in the vicinity. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
2. Clean surface of old adhesive seal with Skysol 100 and dry with cloth.
1. Install new seal (2), if removed, around inside of battery hatch (1).
2. Install support brace (3) to boat frame (6) with washers (5), screw (7), and new locknut (4).
3. Fit hinge assemblies (8) to boat frame (6) and align holes.
4. Secure three hinge assemblies (8) to boat frame (6) and battery hatch (1) with twenty-seven
screws (7), fifty-four washers (5), and twenty-seven new locknuts (4).
5. Close battery hatch (TM 5-1940-322-10).