KEEL COOLER MAINTENANCE (Contd)
Keel cooler replacement requires three personnel. One person will
assist inside the boat while two persons stand under the boat,
supporting the keel cooler.
Tag hoses during removal to assist with installation.
1. From inside boat, loosen two clamps (3) on inlet and outlet hoses (2).
2. Disconnect two hoses (2) from nozzles (8).
3. Remove two nuts (4), washers (5), and gaskets (6) from nozzles (8). Discard gaskets (6).
4. Remove two nuts (16), washers (15), and gaskets (14) from posts (12). Discard gaskets (14) and
5. Remove two nuts (1), washers (19), and gaskets (18) from posts (9). Discard gaskets (18) and
6. From outside boat, lower keel cooler (10) to ground.
7. Remove gaskets (7), (11), and (13) from keel cooler (10). Discard gaskets (7), (11), and (13).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
Skysol 100 solvent is combustible; DO NOT use or store near heat,
sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Use mechanical ventilation
whenever product is used in a confined space, heated above
ambient temperatures, or agitated. Keep container sealed when not
Contact with Skysol 100 may cause skin irritation. Use chemical-
resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any contaminated
clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may cause
irritation, tearing, or blurring of vision. Use face shield or goggles
when eye contact may occur. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with
large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes or until irritation
subsides. Inhalation may cause irritation to upper respiratory
passages. DO NOT have food or drink in the vicinity. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
2. Remove excess gasket material from hull (17) with Skysol 100 and dry with cloth.
1. From outside boat, apply coat of adhesive around existing holes in hull (17).
2. Install new gaskets (7), (11), and (13) on posts (9) and (12), and nozzles (8).
3. Position keel cooler (10) through existing holes in hull (17).
4. From inside boat, apply coat of adhesive around existing holes in hull (17).