LUBRICITY FILTER MAINTENANCE (Contd)
Diesel fuel is flammable. Keep fuel away from open flames and
keep fire extinguisher within reach when working with fuel. Do not
work on fuel system while engine is hot. Fuel can be ignited by
contact with hot engine. Failure to comply may result in death or
injury to personnel.
Both lubricity filters are replaced the same way. This procedure
covers the replacement of one lubricity filter.
Have container ready to catch fuel.
Remove lubricity filter element (3) from filter base (1) by turning counterclockwise. Discard lubricity
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
Skysol 100 solvent is combustible; DO NOT use or store near heat,
sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Use mechanical ventilation
whenever product is used in a confined space, heated above
ambient temperatures, or agitated. Keep container sealed when not
Contact with Skysol 100 may cause skin irritation. Use chemical-
resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any contaminated
clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may cause
irritation, tearing, or blurring of vision. Use face shield or goggles
when eye contact may occur. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with
large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes or until irritation
subsides. Inhalation may cause irritation to upper respiratory
passages. DO NOT have food or drink in the vicinity. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
2. Clean filter base (1) with Skysol 100 and dry with cloth.
1. Fill new lubricity filter element (3) with clean fuel.
2. Apply light coat of oil to filter seal (2).
3. Install new lubricity filter element (3) on filter base (1) until filter seal (2) contacts filter base (1).
4. Secure new lubricity filter element (3) on filter base (1) by turning one-half turn clockwise.
5. Start engine and check for fuel leaks (TM 5-1940-322-10).
7. Close engine hatches (TM 5-1940-322-10).