FUEL INJECTOR PLUMBING REPLACEMENT (Contd)
FUEL RETURN MANIFOLD AND RETURN TUBES REMOVAL
Diesel fuel is flammable. Keep fuel away from open flames and
keep fire extinguisher within reach when working with fuel. Do not
work on fuel system while engine is hot. Fuel can be ignited by
contact with hot engine. Failure to comply may result in death or
injury to personnel.
Cap or plug all hoses, tubes, connections, and openings immediately
after disconnection to prevent contamination. Remove caps or plugs
prior to installation. Failure to do so may result in damage to
Do not bend fuel lines when removing or installing lines. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
Have container ready to catch fuel.
1. Remove six screws (1) and banjo seals (18) from fuel return manifold (2) and fuel injectors (4). Discard
banjo seals (18).
2. Loosen nut (3) and remove fuel return manifold (2) from engine (5).
3. Disconnect fuel return hose (9) from fitting (10) on return tube (11).
4. Loosen nut (7) on return tube (11) and tee fitting (6).
5. Remove screw (8), return tube (11), and rubber grommet (16) from engine (5).
6. Loosen nuts (13) and (17) on fuel return tube (15).
7. Remove screw (12), fuel return tube (15), and rubber grommet (14) from engine (5).
8. Remove fitting (10) from fuel return tube (11).