MAGNETIC PICK-UP MAINTENANCE (Contd)
The magnetic pick-up on both engines are replaced the same way.
This procedure covers the replacement of the magnetic pick-up on
1. Disconnect magnetic pick-up connector (1) from harness connector (2).
2. Loosen jamnut (3) and remove magnetic pick-up (4) from flywheel housing (5).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
Skysol 100 solvent is combustible; DO NOT use or store near heat,
sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Use mechanical ventilation
whenever product is used in a confined space, heated above
ambient temperatures, or agitated. Keep container sealed when not
Contact with Skysol 100 may cause skin irritation. Use chemical-
resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any contaminated
clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may cause
irritation, tearing, or blurring of vision. Use face shield or goggles
when eye contact may occur. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with
large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes or until irritation
subsides. Inhalation may cause irritation to upper respiratory
passages. DO NOT have food or drink in the vicinity. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
2. Clean and inspect the magnetic pick-up (4) with Skysol 100 and dry with cloth.
1. Remove plug (6) from flywheel housing (5).
2. Rotate crankshaft with gear barring tool (7) until any ring gear tooth is at center of hole.
3. Position magnetic pick-up (4) on flywheel housing (5).
4. Thread pick-up (4) until it contacts ring gear tooth, then back out magnetic pick-up (4) one-half turn.
5. Hold magnetic pick-up (4) and tighten jamnut (3) to 2535 lb-ft (3447 Nm).
6. Connect magnetic pick-up connector (1) to harness connector (2).
7. Close engine hatches (TM 5-1940-322-10).