ROCKER ARMS MAINTENANCE (Contd)
The rocker arms on both engines are replaced the same way. This
procedure covers the replacement of one rocker arm assembly. Note
the position of the rocker arms as they must go back on the shaft in
the same position. Tag rockers during removal to assist with
Remove screws (2) and (3), and rocker arm assembly (1) from engine (17).
1. Remove retaining ring (8), washer (7), and intake rocker arm (5) from rocker arm shaft (10).
2. Remove nut (6), adjusting screw (9), and rocker arm insert (4) from intake rocker arm (5).
3. Remove retaining ring (12), washer (13), and exhaust rocker arm (15) from rocker arm shaft (10).
4. Remove nut (16), adjusting screw (11), and rocker arm insert (14) from exhaust rocker arm (15).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
Skysol 100 solvent is combustible; DO NOT use or store near heat,
sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Use mechanical ventilation
whenever product is used in a confined space, heated above
ambient temperatures, or agitated. Keep container sealed when not
Contact with Skysol 100 may cause skin irritation. Use chemical-
resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any contaminated
clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may cause
irritation, tearing, or blurring of vision. Use face shield or goggles
when eye contact may occur. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with
large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes or until irritation
subsides. Inhalation may cause irritation to upper respiratory
passages. DO NOT have food or drink in the vicinity. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Tag rockers during removal to assist with installation
2. Inspect rocker arms (5) and (15) for cracks, breaks, surface wear, or scoring. Replace rocker arms (5)
and (15) if damaged.
3. Inspect rocker arm assembly (1) for cracks, breaks, and other damage. Replace rocker arm
assembly (1) if damaged.
4. Inspect shaft (10) for cracks, breaks, surface wear, or scoring. Replace shaft (10) if damaged.
5. Clean all components with Skysol 100 and dry with cloth.