AIR INTAKE COVER MAINTENANCE (Contd)
The air intake cover on both engines are replaced the same way.
This procedure covers the replacement of one air intake cover.
1. Loosen hose clamp (1) from hose (6) on air intake cover (2).
2. Disconnect hose (6) from air intake cover (2).
3. Remove fourteen screws (3), air intake cover (2), and gasket (4) from cylinder head (5). Discard
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
2. Inspect intake covers (2) for cracks, breaks, surface wear, or scoring. Replace intake cover (2) if
damage is present.
Skysol 100 solvent is combustible; DO NOT use or store near heat,
sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Use mechanical ventilation
whenever product is used in a confined space, heated above
ambient temperatures, or agitated. Keep container sealed when not
Contact with Skysol 100 may cause skin irritation. Use chemical-
resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any contaminated
clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may cause
irritation, tearing, or blurring of vision. Use face shield or goggles
when eye contact may occur. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with
large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes or until irritation
subsides. Inhalation may cause irritation to upper respiratory
passages. DO NOT have food or drink in the vicinity. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Compressed air source must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Wear
eyeshields when cleaning with compressed air. Failure to wear
eyeshields may result in injury to personnel.
3. Remove excess gasket (4) from intake cover (2) and cylinder head (5). Clean all components with
Skysol 100 and dry with compressed air.
1. Apply thin coat of antiseize compound on threads of screws (3).
2. Install new gasket (4) and intake cover (2) on cylinder head (5) with fourteen screws (3). Tighten
screws (3) to 18 lb-ft (24 Nm).
3. Install hose (6) on air intake cover (2) with clamp (1). Tighten clamp (1).
5. Close engine hatches (TM 5-1940-322-10).