EXHAUST MANIFOLD MAINTENANCE (Contd)
The exhaust manifolds on both engines are replaced the same way.
This procedure covers the replacement of one exhaust manifold.
Disconnect coolant intake hose (5) from elbow (4).
Remove elbow (4) and adapter (3) from water transfer connector (2).
Loosen clamp (9) from elbow (8).
Disconnect coolant return hose (10) from elbow (8).
Remove elbow (8) from exhaust manifold (7).
Remove four screws (1), water transfer connector (2), and gasket (6) from exhaust manifold (7).
Discard gasket (6).
7. Remove twelve screws (11), exhaust manifold (7), and six gaskets (12) from cylinder head (13). Discard
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
Skysol 100 solvent is combustible; DO NOT use or store near heat,
sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Use mechanical ventilation
whenever product is used in a confined space, heated above
ambient temperatures, or agitated. Keep container sealed when not
Contact with Skysol 100 may cause skin irritation. Use chemical-
resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any contaminated
clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may cause
irritation, tearing, or blurring of vision. Use face shield or goggles
when eye contact may occur. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with
large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes or until irritation
subsides. Inhalation may cause irritation to upper respiratory
passages. DO NOT have food or drink in the vicinity. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
2. Inspect exhaust manifold (7) for cracks, breaks, surface wear, or scoring. Replace exhaust manifold (7)
3. Remove excess gasket material from exhaust manifold (7), water transfer connector (2), and cylinder
head (13) using Skysol 100 and dry with cloth.
1. Apply thin coat of sealing compound on threads of adapter (3) and elbows (4) and (8) at installation.
2. Install six new gaskets (12) and exhaust manifold (7) on cylinder head (13) with twelve screws (11).
Tighten screws (11) to 32 lb-ft (43 Nm).
3. Install new gasket (6) and water transfer connector (2) on exhaust manifold (7) with four screws (1).
Tighten screws (1) to 33 lb-ft (45 Nm).
4. Install elbow (8) on exhaust manifold (7).