When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive
may have a different part number from the part ordered.
Description and Usable on Code (UOC) (Column (6)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(3) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are indented and listed immediately following
the assembled item line entry.
(4) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item
to be manufactured/fabricated.
(5) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(6) The usable on code, when applicable (refer to paragraph 5, Special Information).
(7) In the Special Tools List section, the Basis of Issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipment supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the Basis of Issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(8) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in column 6 for a
given figure in both the repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
QTY (Column (7)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or
an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and
the quantity may change from application to application.
EXPLANATION OF CROSS-REFERENCE INDEXES WORK PACKAGES FORMAT AND COLUMNS
1. National Stock Number (NSN) Index Work Packages.
STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467). When using this column
to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when
ordering items by stock number.
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures
are in numerical order in the repair parts and special tools list work packages.
ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
2. Part Number (P/N) Index Work Package. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in
ascending numericalpha sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which
places the first letter or digit of each group in order numbers 0 through 9, followed by the A through Z and
each following letter or digit in like order).
PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in the repair
parts list and special tool list work packages.