Use the following subparagraphs as applicable
USABLE ON CODE. Not Applicable.
FABRICATION INSTRUCTIONS. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material
Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description
manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for items source coded to be manufactured or fabricated are
found in the appropriate appendices of this manual.
ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTION. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from
component spare/repair parts are found in the appropriate appendices of this manual. Items that make up the assembly
are listed immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
KITS. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in group 9401 in Section II.
INDEX NUMBERS. Items, which have the word BULK in the figure column will have and index shown in the
item, number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Number/Part Number Index and the
bulk material list in Section II.
6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is not Known
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the prepared
for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are divided into the some groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock National
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see4.a(1)). The part
numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4.b). Both indexes cross-
reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then locate the
item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
For standard abbreviations see MIL-STD-12D, Military Standard Abbreviations For Use on Drawings, Specifications,
Standards And In Technical Documents.