TRANSMISSION MAIN OIL FILTER ELEMENT REPLACEMENT (Sheet 4 of 7)
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. To avoid injury, wear protective goggles and
gloves and use in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not
breathe vapors. Do not use near open fire or excessive heat. The flash point for Type I dry cleaning
solvent is 100°F (38°C), and for Type II is 138°F (50°C). If you become dizzy while using dry cleaning
solvent, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes
with water and get medical aid immediately.
1. Clean filter elements (A) using dry cleaning solvent.
If filter elements are damaged, throw them away.
2. Using putty knife, clean old gasket off filter
assembly head (B) mounting surface.
3. Clean dirt and oil off filter assembly head (B).
4. Inspect bypass valve springs for damage. Replace if
5. Stuff clean rags into filter assembly holes (C) on
6. Using putty knife, clean off gasket mounting surface
7. Ensure 10 bolt holes (D) are clean and free of
Go on to Sheet 5