UNIVERSAL JOINT REPLACEMENT (Sheet 3 of 7)
9. Using 1-1/2 inch wrench, loosen connector
(K). Move oil cooler tube to one side.
10. Using cutting pliers, cut two lockwires (L).
Turn universal joint (J) left or right to remove
all four screws (M). It may be necessary to use
crowbar to wedge universal joint to prevent it
from turning while removing screws (M).
11. Using 13/16 inch socket and extension, remove three of four screws (M).
12. Tighten rope to universal joint (J).
13. Using 13/16 inch socket and extension, remove fourth screw (M).
14. Using rope and crowbar, lift universal joint from tank and place in work area.
15. Remove rope from universal joint.
16. Using cutting pliers, cut lockwire (N). Remove lockwire.
17. Using 13/16 inch socket and hammer, if required, loosen four screws (P).
18. Using 13/16 inch socket, remove four screws (P).
Go on to Sheet 4