MECHANICAL TRACK ADJUSTING LINK REPLACEMENT (Sheet 3 of 5)
5. Go to other end of adjusting link (A).
6. Using pliers, straighten cotter pin (H) and remove it from slotted nut (J).
7. Using 1-1/8 inch socket, loosen nut (J).
8. Remove nut (J) and washer (K).
9. Using 3/4 inch socket, remove screw (L) and lockwasher (M).
10. Screw nut (J) a couple of turns onto pin (N).
11. Using hammer, tap pin (N) to loosen it.
12. Screw adapter into end of pin (E). Screw end of slide hammer puller into adapter and,
using slide hammer puller, remove pin (E) and shim (P) from link (A).
Using second person to hold link (A), rotate arm so that pin (N) will be over front slope
14. Remove nut (J) from pin (N).
Have third person hold link when pin (N) is removed.
Use caution when removing pin (N) because link (A) may fall
15. Using pry bar, remove pin (N) from link (A).
Remove link (A) from vehicle. Lower idler arm to normal position.
If pin (N) is hard to remove, screw adapter onto pin (N). Screw
end of slide hammer puller into adapter and use slide hammer
puller to remove pin (N) from link (A).
Go on to Sheet 4