Section II. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES (PMCS)
a. Introduction. Your Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS), Table 2-2, lists the
inspection and care of your equipment required to keep it in good operating condition. FIGURE 2-1
unique terminology used in Table 2-2 and is the walk-around inspection pattern to be used with your
PMCS. Hard use, severe weather, and rough field conditions will result in increased levels of
maintenance and more frequent inspections will be required.
b. PMCS Columnar Entries. The five columns used to direct PMCS are:
(1) Item Number Column. The specific item or items requiring PMCS are identified in this column.
(2) Interval Column. The interval column of your PMCS table tells you when to do a certain check
or service. The service intervals as follows:
Before you operate. Always keep in mind the CAUTIONS and WARNINGS. Perform your "Before"
While you operate. Always keep in mind the CAUTIONS and WARNINGS. Perform your "During"
After you operate. Be sure to perform your "After" PMCS
Weekly. Always perform your "Weekly" PMCS.
Monthly. Always perform your "Monthly" PMCS
(3) Item To Check/Service Column. This column will identity the item by its common name and
direct what action to take.
(4) Procedure Column. This column informs or directs the inspection, service, or check. If your
equipment fails to operate, troubleshoot with proper equipment using troubleshooting procedures in this
TM as your guide. Report any deficiencies using the proper forms. See TM 38-750.
(5) Not Mission Capable if Column. This column gives the criteria for determining mission
capability. Refer to paragraph 2-2c and 2-2d for classification and definition of leaks and corrosion.
Any item or situation in question which may cause an unsafe situation that is not covered
by the PMCS shall be reported to the unit commander before the bridge is used. The unit
commander will determine the Not Mission Capable (NMC) status for the bridge for those
items or situations not covered by the PMCS list.
Change 2 2-3