d. Assembly of Bridge Separated at Center Hinges. These procedures address connecting
two separated halves of the bridge (far-shore and near-shore), including the hydraulics, quadrant cables,
and connecting hardware. Refer to paragraph 2-3a and 2-3b, Preparation for Assembly, before beginning
This Task Covers:
Assembly of Bridge Scissoring Components, Cables, and
Bridge Separated at Center Hinges
General Mechanics Tool Box SC 5180-90-N26
Sledge Hammers (8-10 lb) (two required)
Lifting Device (15,000 lbs capacity)
Sling, Multiple Leg
Four 6 x 6 in. x 12 ft timbers.
(1) Installation of Far-Shore Center Section Flexible Hydraulic Hoses. Refer to paragraph
2-3c( 12) steps (a) thru (c).
(2) Installation of Locking Pins, Lubricated Center Section, and Quadrant Hinge Pins.
(a) Using lifting device, position the two center sections next to the assembled half. Aline the
male and female hinges.
(b) Refer to paragraph 2-3c(13) steps (b) thru (e).
(3) Installation of Cable Beam. Refer to paragraph 2-3c(20).
(4) Installation of Quadrant. Refer to paragraph 2-3c(21).
(5) Quadrant Struts and Securing Hardware. Refer to paragraph 2-3c(22).
(6) Attaching Quadrant Struts to Cable Beam. Refer to paragraph 2-3c(23).
(7) Hydraulic Quick-Release Connectors. Refer to paragraph 2-3c(26).
(8) Scissor Cylinder Manual Hydraulic Bleed Valves, Refer to paragraph 2-3c(27).
(9) Cables, Cable Beam, and Hardware Connections. Refer to paragraph 2-3c(30).
(10) Installation of Cable Retainer. Refer to paragraph 2-3c(29).
(11) Equalizer Plate, Scissoring Cables, and Attaching Hardware.
(a) Refer to paragraph 2-3c(28) steps (b) thru (g).
(b) Refer to paragraph 2-3c(28) steps (a) and (h).