a. Launching - CONT
The tongue cylinder lever #2 and the scissor cylinder lever #3 must be operated at the same
time in order to launch the bridge.
(7) Lift up on lever #2. Bridge will begin to lower to the ground. At the same time, lift up on
lever #3 and the bridge will begin to open (expand).
(8) Operate lever #3 along with lever #2. It may be necessary for the scissor cylinder to be
operated intermittently rather than steadily, in order to keep the far end of the bridge as low
as possible and fully open at the end of the tongue cylinder operation. While it is being
extended, the far-shore end of the bridge should be kept about 2 ft off the ground When
bridge is fully extended, release lever #3.
(9) After the bridge has made contact on both sides of the launch site, release the tongue cylinder
lever #2. Push down on lever #3 until scissor cylinder is released. Be sure that at least 18 in
overhang is present with prepared abutments or at least 36 in. overhang on each end is
(10) Lift up on the locking cylinder lever #4 to retract the locking plugs. Return lever #4 to the
neutral position. Return engine RPM to idle. Disengage clutch.
(11) Return engine RPM to idle. Push hydraulic pump clutch lever all the way down to disengage
(12) Cycle levers #2 and #3 to reduce hydraulic pressure in the system. Allow the bridge to relax
and settle firmly on the ground or abutments. Cycling the controls equalizes pressure within
the hydraulic system reducing the possibility the system will have to be bled before hooking
up the quick-disconnects for retrieving.
Change 2 2-59