b. Retrieval by Launcher - CONT
(1) Move the launcher into position by following hand signals from a dismounted crew member.
Bridge may shift during connecting procedure. Do not stand on ground, stand on the
bridge deck when launcher is mating to diaphragm.
Refer to paragraph 2-1, Controls and Indicators, for the operation of levers.
(2) When the launcher is aligned with the bridge, engage the power takeoff clutch. Raise RPM
to 1800. Use lever #1 to lower outrigger. Use lever #2 to raise or lower the tongue to match
holes in the diaphragm. Seat the pintles (1) fully in the diaphragm (2) of the bridge.
(3) Hold down lever #4 and extend the locking pins. Make a visual inspection to ensure that the
locking pins are fully extended.
FRH hydraulic fluid may contain Tricresyl Phosphate which, if taken internally, can cause
paralysis. Hydraulic fluid may be absorbed through the skin. If hydraulic fluid gets on
skin, thoroughly wash with soap and water as soon as possible.
(4) Disengage the clutch lever. Relieve the pressure in the hydraulic system by cycling (moving
levers #1, #2, and #4 up and down).
While connecting the scissor cylinder hydraulic system, make a visual inspection of the locking
pins to ensure that they did not retract during step (4), when system pressure was relieved. If
retraction of locking pins did occur, hold down on lever #4 during step (8) to relock locking pins
before lifting bridge.
(5) Ensure the manual hydraulic bleed
valves are closed by rotating counter-
clockwise until hand-tight. Refer to
(6) Connect the hydraulic connection by
guiding the male connector (1) to the
socket (2). Pull forward on the control
handle (3) on top of the tongue (4) and
insert the coupling plug (male
connector) (5) into the quick-release
coupling socket (6). Visually inspect
the quick-release coupling to be sure
the connectors (1) are completely
2-62 Change 2