b. Retrieval by Launcher - CONT
(18) Retract the holdown pin (8) by lifting up on overhead cylinder lever #1 for about 30 seconds.
Due to the noise of the engine,
communication between the dismounted
crew member and the operator will be
strained. Ensure that a visible hand
signal is used and the meaning of such
hand signal is understood. Early
operation of the holddown cylinder
could result in the hands or fingers of
the crew member being severely injured
or severed. Take all necessary
precautions to avoid injury.
(19) Place both tiedown chain turnbuckle eyes in the socket (9) of the holddown cylinder bracket
(10) located on the bridge seat (11).
(20) Extend the holddown pin (8) by holding down on lever #1 until the tumbuckle eyes are
securely pinned in the holddown cylinder socket (9).
(21) Reduce engine RPM to idle. Disengage the power takeoff clutch and cycle the control levers
up and down to the launching and retrieving positions two or three times to relieve the
pressure in all hydraulic lines.
(22) Tighten the tumbuckles one or two turns more than hand-tight. The bridge is now ready to