e. Recovery/ Retrieval of Impacted Bridge.
Recovery and Retrieval
This Task Covers:
General Mechanics Tool Box SC 5180-90-N26
Hand Tools (shovels, picks, mattocks)
Hydraulic Jack, 12 Ton Minimum Lift
Wire rope, Stranded of Sufficient Lengths
Wire Rope Connectors and Hardware
Lifting Device, 15 Ton Minimum Lift
Towing Vehicle as Required for Task
(1) Remove the dirt, mud, or debris from each end of the impacted bridge.
(2) Assemble materials/parts for support of bridge after it is elevated.
(3) Remove enough dirt to place a hydraulic jack under the bottom support beam of the bridge.
Be sure the base of the jack is resting on a secure, firm base.
(4) Place a small piece of wood (1) between the jack (2) and the support beam (3) to aid in
distributing the lifting force and to reduce the chance of the jack slipping.
(5) If only one jack is available, assemble enough blocking (4) to block one side, then the other,
as the bridge is lifted.