(9) Using boathook, unlatch four (two on ramp bay) foldlock latches (7) and downstream travel latch on interior
(10) Install latch pin assembly handle into remaining travel latch (10) and secure rope (11) to bow bollart on boat
(11) Position boat out of unfolding area.
(12) Man rope and activate bay unfolding sequence, retrieve latch pin assembly handle (9) and rope (11) and
(13) Secure bay to boat, then prepare bay as follows:
Figure 2-17. Deployment By Helicopter (Sheet 2 of 3).
Use ramp bay connecting tool and crow bar to assist in engaging connectors.
(a) Position ramp bay connecting tool (12) on roadway (13).
(b) Install crow bar (14) and move crow bar back and forth until connectors (15) are engaged.
If roadway-to-bow ponton bridge latches are not engaged, the bow pontons will fold up when a vehicle
crosses the bridge. This may cause serious injury or death to personnel on this bridge.