The backs of the roadway-to-bow bridge ponton latches are painted yellow to allow a quick, visual check
to ensure latches are engaged.
(c) Engage four roadway-to-bow bridge ponton latches (16).
(d) Ensure low lockpin drive screw (17) moves freely and pin (18) is fully retracted.
Figure 2-17. Deployment By Helicopter (Sheet 3 of 3).
2-18. Ramp Bay to Interior Bay Connection. After two interior bays have been connected and all latches and
connectors have been engaged the ramp bay is then ready for connection with an interior bay.
Extreme caution should be taken when connecting bays. Bays come together with extreme force and
personnel injury or death may result.
(1) Approach interior bay (1) from downstream.
(2) Bring ramp bay (2) as close to interior bay (1) using lines and boat hooks to help guide ramp
(3) Install ramp connection tool (3) and connect hooks (4) to roadway/roadway connectors (5).
(4) Install crow bar (6) in ramp bay pry hole (7) and raise ramp bay (2) by applying downward force at end of
crow bar (6).
(5) Tighten ramp bay connection tool (3) and draw bays together.