Unit Commanders are cautioned of the necessity to anticipate requirements for an airlift operation and
arrange for timely delivery. The drogue parachute is readily available from GM Rigging Unit (Parachute
Maintenance), an Area Resupply Co. all Airborne units and all Air Force Cargo Wings. The drogue para-
chutes are not issued with the Supplementary Set SC 5420-97-CL-E51.
(1) Boat crew will position and secure bay to stationary object.
(2) Signal helicopter to hover over bay (6), and lower lifting cable (1).
(3) Connect hook (2) into bay lifting eye (3).
Ensure boat and crew are positioned away from folding operation, equipment damage, personnel injury
or death could result.
(4) Signal helicopter to raise cable (1) and fold bay (4).
Ensure foldlock latches and travel latches are latched prior to connecting lifting sling.
(5) Disconnect lifting cables (1) from bay (4) and signal helicopter to raise cable (1) above bay (4).
For interior bays, all four sling legs must be of equal length; for ramp bay, sling legs on approach ramp
end of bay will be shorter than those on lower lock drive end.
(6) Connect lifting sling (5) to lift/anchor points (6) on bay.
(7) Connect sling (5) to hook (2) and ensure cable lifting eye is centered over bay.
(8) Signal helicopter to take in lifting sling (5) cable slack.
(9) Remove all anchoring lines attached to bay (4) and position boat and crew away from lifting operation.