(2) Downstream boat (3) will hold raft (4) in position.
(3) Upstream boat (5) will move into position next to upstream
end of raft (4) with bow facing away from shore.
Use 1 in. (2.54 cm) manila/nylon line for all lines. When bow line is secured place boat controls in neutral.
(4) Upstream boat (5) connects bow line (6) to interior bay anchor pin (7) closest to ramp bay (8), and secures
line to port side bollard.
(5) Upstream boat (5) connects stern line (9) to interior bay anchor pin (10) closest
(6) Secure stem line (9) to capstan and take up slack in stem line (9).
(7) Tie off free end of stern line (9) to stern bollard.
Figure 2-34. Longitudinal Rafting Procedures (Sheet 2 of 6).
to ramp bay (11).
Before grounding raft, raise ramp to allow raft to be grounded.
(8) Upstream boat (5) will hold raft (5) against shore.