(9) Downstream boat (3) will move into position along side of raft (4) with bow facing away from shore.
(10) Connect bow line (12) to interior bay anchor pin (13) closest to ramp bay (8).
(11) Connect bow line (12) to bow bollard on starboard side of boat (3).
(12) Connect stem line (14) to interior bay anchor pin (15), closest to ramp bay (11) and connect line (14) to stern
capstan and take up slack in stern line (14).
(13) Connect free end of stem line to stern bollard.
(14) Downstream boat (3) operate boat to hold raft (4) to shore.
Figure 2-34. Longitudinal Rafting Procedures (Sheet 3 of 6).
Always position scoop control levers in reverse so that boats push raft against the shore during loading
and off loading traffic. Bridge or equipment damage could result.