3-11. Rear Winch Assembly and Motor. - Continued
b. Service (Model PG 115-043R
When working under boom, support boom by blocking or other suitable means.
(1) Raise boom (1) to vertical position.
Always wear leather gloves when handling winch cable. Never allow cable to run through hands.
Failure to maintain tension on cable while winch drum is turning will cause cable to become snarled on
(2) Pay out winch cable (1) until fill plug (2) is exposed on winch drum (3) and pointed at front of transporter.
(3) Remove fill plug (2) and check hydraulic fluid level. Level should be to bottom of fill hole. Add hydraulic fluid
(4) Install fill plug (2), play in cable (1) making sure it winds properly around winch drum (3).
(5) Remove blocking and lower and secure boom (1).