4-28. Roller and Axle Assembly.
This task covers:
a. Replace (Front)
b. Replace (Rear)
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Bay removed (para. 2-16).
(item 1, Appendix B)
Common No. 1 (Item 5, Appendix B)
Grease, Automotive and Artillery (Item 2, Appendix E)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Item 18, Appendix E)
Rags, Wiping (Item 12, Appendix E)
a. Replace. (figure 4-18
(1) Remove cotter pin (1).
(2) Remove nut (2) and remove axle (3), washer (4), and roller (5).
(3) Remove grease fitting (6) from axle (3).
Dry cleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and property.
Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point
of solvent is 100-138 °F (38-60 °C).
(4) Clean all items with dry cleaning solvent, and dry thoroughly.
(5) Replace all items that are excessively worn or other wise damaged.
(6) Install grease fitting (6) in axle (3).
(7) Apply grease to axle (3).
(8) Install axle (3), roller (5), washer (4) and secure with nut (2).
(9) Install cotter pin (1).