4-31. Winch Motor Assembly (Used on Winch Model PG-115-043R). - Continued
Dry cleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and property.
Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. DO not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point
of solvent is 100-138 °F (38-60 °C).
(1) Clean all items, except seals and packings, with dry cleaning solvent and dry thorouhly.
(2) Inspect all items for wear and replace any worn or othewise damaged item. Refer to table 4<#106>4 for
repair and replacement limits.
(3) Replace all seals, gaskets, and preformed packings.
(4) Rotor assembly is a matched set, if any excessive wear is found, the entire assembly should be replaced.
(5) Commutator ring, seal ring, and commutator must be replaced as a matched set.
d. Reassembly. (figure 4-32)
Position seal compression ring (Item 5, Appendix B) in housing (26) with tapered end inward into housing
(26) until it bottoms out.
Position seal thimble (Item 6, Appendix B) on coupling shaft (13) and install seal thimble in seal compression
Lubricate seal (20) with grease, and install using seal driver (Item 7, Appendix B) with lip side of seal inward.
Remove seal thimble from coupling shaft (13) and remove seal compression ring from
Install washer (19), backup ring (18) and retaining ring (17) with rounded face inward.
Lubricate back side of seal (16) and install.
Install washer (24), bearing (23), and washer (22).
Install bearing (21) in housing (26) to a depth of 2.335-2.395 in. (5.9309-6.0833 cm).
Install bearing (23) in housing (26) to a depth of 0.15-0.21 in. (0.3810-0.5334 cm).
Splines on coupling shaft should be covered with tape to prevent damage to seal (20).
Install coupling shaft (13).
Install bearing (12).
Install drive link (11).