Wire rope should be visible through inspection hole on top of clevis.
(10) Install sleeve (5) in clevis (6) and tighten sleeve (5).
To ensure proper installation of the clevis, lift a test load after the winch cable is assembled. The wire
will not be visible through the inspection hole after the test load is lifted.
(11) Coat cable assembly (2) with preservative, grade 1, in accordance with MIL-C-16173.
(12) Route cable assembly (2) around boom sheeve (9) and down between cable roller (10) and boom (1),
(13) Insert cable (2) through slot in winch drum (4) and loop cable.
(14) lnsert cable anchor (3) in bolt and pull on cable (2) until firmly secured between drum (4) and anchor (3).
(15) Pay in cable (2) until fully wound around drum (NO TAG) and secure cable (2) and hook (8).
(16) Raise boom (1), remove blocking and lower and secure boom (1).
Figure 4-34. Winch Cable Assembly (Winch Model 11-S-EC), Replace.
FOLLOW-ON MAINTENANCE: Install bay (para. 2-27).