4-33. Cable Tensioner Assembly (RBT Model Only).
This task covers:
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Bay removed (para. 2-16).
(Item 1, Appendix B)
a. Adjust. (figure 4-36)
When working under boom, support boom by blocking or other suitable means.
(1) Raise boom (1) approximately 5 ft (1.53 m) and block in position.
(2) Loosen locknuts (2) and (3).
Always wear leather gloves when handling winch cable. Never allow cable to run through hands.
Failure to maintain tension on cable while winch drum is turning will cause cable to become snarled on
(3) Payout cable (4) and tighten nut (3) until cable (4) passes through cable tensioner (5) without slippage, and
tighten nut (3) 1/2 turn more.
(4) Tighten nut (2).
(5) Verify proper operation of cable tensioner in both directions.
(6) Secure cable (4) to boom (1) and play in cable.
(7) Raise boom (1), remove blocking and lower boom (1) and secure.