4-39. Tiedown Hook and Attaching Hardware. - Continued
b. Repair. (figure 4-44)
Tiedown hook removed for repair. See para. a. above.
Dry cleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and property.
Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point
of solvent is 100-138 °F (38-60 °C).
(1) Clean all items with dry cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect tiedown hook (1) and yoke (2) for cracks or broken welds and replace a damaged item.
(3) Inspect rod (3), trunion (4), spring (5), bolt (6), and nut (7) for signs of excessive wearer stripped threads
and replace worn or otherwise damaged items.
(4) Inspect pin (8), pin (9), spring pin (10), spacers (11), and bolts (12) for signs of excessive wearer stripped
threads and replace a worn or otherwise damaged item.
(5) Inspect quick release pin (13) and replace if bent or otherwise damaged.