4-49. Hydraulic Filter Assembly.
This task covers: Replace
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Sealing compound (Item 16, Appendix E)
(Item 1, Appendix B)
a. Replace. (figure 4-64)
When disconnecting any hydraulic line, open line slowly and protect face, as hydraulic oil may spray out
due to residual pressure in system.
When removing hoses, have a suitable container to drain oil from hoses. Also cap all hoses and ports
immediately to prevent dirt or foreign matter from entering the system.
(1) Tag and disconnect two hydraulic lines (1) from hydraulic filter assembly (2).
(2) Remove two screws (3) and lockwashers (4) and remove hydraulic fitter assembly (2).
(3) Apply sealing compound to all pipe threads.
(4) Install hydraulic filter assembly (2) and secure with two screws (3) and lockwashers (4).
(5) Connect two hydraulic lines (1) to hydraulic filter assembly (2) as tagged.