4-66. Cable Assembly.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Bay removed (para. 2-16).
(Item 1, Appendix B)
Cable, Adjusting Spring Scale (Item 2, Appendix B)
Grease, Automotive and Artillery (Item 2, Appendix E)
a. Adjust. (figure 4-87)
Bay must be in the folded position and yokes fully retracted to adjust cable assembly.
(1) Position cable adjusting spring scale on cable (1) 19-21 in. (48.26-53.34 cm) from upper cable pin (2).
(2) Apply a 45-55 lb (30.41-34.95 kg) force to scale and measure cable deflection. Cable deflection should be
0.19-0.31 in. (0.44-0.76 cm).
(3) Loosen nut (3) and loosen or tighten nut (4) until proper deflection of cable (1) is obtained and tighten nut
(4) Recheck cable deflection.
(5) Remove cable adjusting spring scale and repeat Steps (1) through (4) for remaining cable.