4-87. Hose Assemblies, Connectors, Clamps, Fittings and Rope.
This task covers: Replace
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Tape, Antiseize (Item 19, Appendix E)
The hose assemblies can be replaced with the bay in either the folded or unfolded condition.
a. Replace. (figure 4-113)
When disconnecting any hydraulic line, open line slowly and protect face, as hydraulic oil may spray out
due to residual pressure in system.
When removing hoses, have suitable container to drain oil from hoses. AISO Cap all hoses and portS im-
mediately to prevent dirt or foreign matter from entering the system.
(1) Remove all cable clamps and or other attaching hardware securing hydraulic line.
(2) Tag and loosen fittings at both ends of hydraulic line to be replaced.
(3) Apply antiseize tape to all hydraulic lines and fittings threads.
(4) Install line, tighten fittings, and secure with cable clamp and other attaching hardware removed.
(5) Service hydraulic cylinder and piston (para. 4-87).