4-89. Cylinder Retaining Pin and Cover.
This task covers: Replace
General Mechanics Automotive Tool Kit
Grease, Automotive and Artillery
(Item 1, Appendix B)
(Item 2, Appendix E)
a. Replace. (figure 4-116)
Bay must be in folded position to remove cover and cylinder retaining pin. Yokes may have to be exer-
cised to remove cylinder pin.
(1) Remove six screws (1), and cover (2).
Support hydraulic cylinder to prevent damage when cylinder retaining pin is removed.
(2) Screw 1/2 in. eyebolt in to top of cylinder retaining pin (3).
(3) Connect suitable lifting device to eyebolt and remove cylinder retaining pin (3).
(4) Apply grease to cylinder retaining pin (3).
(5) Install cylinder retaining pin (3).
(6) Install cover (2) and secure with six screws (1).