(21) Ensure hook (19) improperly installed in lifting eye (20) and play in cable until bay is approximately 2 ft (0.60
m) above aft tiedown hooks (8).
(22) Raise boom (18) to full aft position and pay out cable (14) until bay (21) is floating in water.
(23) Remove Cable (14) from lifting eye (20).
Ensure all personnel and equipment are clear of bay unfolding area. Severe injury, death, or damage
to equipment may result.
(24) Retrieve latch pin lanyard (11) and unlatch travel latch (17) allowing bay (21) to unfold and store latch pin.
(25) Bridge boat will connect to bay.
(26) Lower boom (18) fully, secure cable (14) to boom (18) and take in slack.
(27) Disengage PTO, release parking brake and electric brake, and move transporter to staging area.
Figure 2-15. Bay Controlled Launch (Sheet 4 of 6).