2-9. Tensioner Motor.
This task covers: Replace
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Bridge bay removed (TM 5-5420-209-12).
a.. Replace. (figure 2-2)
When disconnecting any hydraulic line, open line slowly and protect face, as hydraulic oil
may spray out due to residual pressure in system.
When working under boom, support boom by block or
other suitable means.
When removing hoses, have a suitable container to drain oil from hoses. Also cap all hoses
and ports immediately to prevent dirt or foreign matter from entering the system.
(1) Raise boom approximately four feet from the fully stowed position and block boom in this
(2) Tag and disconnect three hoses(1).
(3) Remove two screws (2) and remove tensioner motor(3).
(4) Install tensioner motor (3) and secure with two screws (2).
(5) Install three hoses (1) as tagged to tensioner motor(3).
Remove block from boom and lower to fully stowed position.
FOLLOW-ON MAINTENANCE: Install bridge bay (TM 5-5420-209-12).