3-13. Hydraulic Cylinder and Piston.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Bay removed (TM 5-5420-209-1 2).
Torque wrench (NSN 5120-00-221-7983)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Item 2, Appendix B)
Rags, Wiping (Item 5, Appendix B)
Oil, Lubricating (Item 4, Appendix B)
Compound, Sealing (Item 6, Appendix B)
Grease (Item 3, Appendix B)
a. Replace. (figure 3-8)
(1) Remove six screws (NO TAG) and remove access cover (2).
(2) Screw al/2 in. x 20 UNC thread eye bolt into top of cylinder retaining pin (3).
(3) Remove retaining pin (3) using suitable lifting device.
(4) Partially pull open yoke (4).
(5) Remove cotter pin (5), washer(6) and remove pin (7).
(6) Open yoke (4) fully and block in position.
When disconnecting any hydraulic line, open line slowly and protect face, as hydraulic oil
may spray out due to residual pressure in system.
When removing hoses, have a suitable container to drain oil from hoses. Cap all hoses and
ports immediately to prevent dirt or foreign matter from entering the system.
(7) Tag and disconnect three hydraulic lines (8) and packings (9) from hydraulic cylinder (10).