3-13. Hydraulic Cylinder and Piston. - Continued
(13) Clean cylinder and piston using dry cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(14) Inspect all threaded parts for thread change.
Maximum bore diameter shall be 7.754 inches (19.69616 cm).
(15) lnspect piston bore of cylinder housing for nicks, scratches, cracks, scoring and excessive wear.
Maximum bore of housing lands shall be 2.753 inches (6.99262 cm).
(16) Inspect piston rod bore in cylinder housing for nicks, scratches, cracks, scoring or excessive
Maximum diameter of piston rod surface within cylinder housing shall be 2.748 inches
(17) Inspect cylinder surface of piston rod for nicks, scratches, scoring, load pattern and signs of
(18) Radiograph inspect cylinder adapter in accordance with ASTM E71 and E186, level 2.
Maximum diameter of bore shall be 2.327 inches (5.91058 cm).
(19) Inspect diameter of mounting pin bore in cylinder adapter.
Maximum diameter of bore shall be 2.260 inches (5.7404 cm).
(20) Inspect diameter of mounting pin bore in piston rod.
(21) Replace components that are beyond repair or specified diameters.
Lubricate the wiper, retaining ring, seal ring and all packings with lubricating oil before
installation into cylinder.
(22) Install seal ring (22) and secure with retaining ring (21).
(23) Install three packings (23) and pack (20).