ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(13) Lift and push forward to compress bushings and enable pin person to insert bottom panel pin until shoulder
touches jaws. Additional person pushes down on bottom jaw to assist.
(14) Push forward with additional person pushing on top jaw to compress top resilient mounts and enable pin
person to insert panel pin in upper jaw until shoulder touches jaw.
(15) Put retainer clips on both pins.
(16) Remove panel pin from between top panels and end taper panels.
(17) Add bay 1 top panels (para. 4-6c.), using a headless pin. Insert headless pin through jaws until an equal
amount of pin is showing on both sides of top panel. DO NOT put retainer clips in until bottom panel is
A headless pin must be used here If there Is any chance the bridge will be delaunched and
disassembled on the far bank. Good practice Is to always use a headless pin in this position even
If it Is known the bridge will be pulled back to the near bank.
(18) Add bay 1 bottom panels.