ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
Operate jack to raise bridge until rear section of nose is clear of landing roller.
Slide landing roller out from under launching nose.
Operate jack to lower bridge to ground.
(10) Remove jack, jack post and packing.
(11) Remove retainer clip and nose pin from rear nose section and bankseat beam.
(12) Remove rear section of light nose from bankseat beam, and move it to side of site.
(13) Return jack, jack handle, jack post and packing back to near bank.
If site conditions allow, then for bridges up to 5 bays it is possible to use only one jack to jack
down the near bank end of bridge. Use the most convenient of the three jacking positions on the
bankseat beam. The procedures below describe the use of two jacks.
(14) Using a nose pin, pin a jack post to outside jack post bracket on each end of near bank bankseat beam.
Put a retainer clip through end of nose pin.
Ensure that wedge on jack post is between jack post and ramp ledge of bankseat beam (para. 4-
(15) Place one piece of packing (3 in x 8 in x 36 in) on ground under each jack post, and parallel to bankseat
beam. If ground conditions are bad, use a single story baseplate with a jack support.
(16) Extend jack ram 9 in (23cm)