ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(27) Lift jack hoods from jacks; secure jack hoods in top teeth of post.
(28) Remove jacks and extend ram 10 in (25 cm).
(29) Place jacks under posts and lower hood to jack head.
(30) Operate jacks to raise the bridge from the packing. Remove no more than three layers of packing.
(31) Continue this process, steps (25) to (30) until the bridge is lowered onto the bank.
(32) Remove jack posts, packing and jacks.
Jacking Down - Single Story over 8 Bay and All Double Story
After final launch and the far bank has been lowered using the landing roller pedestal, the drill for jacking down the
home bank is as follows:
On double story bridges ensure rollers on front roller beam and rear roller beam are locked.
On double story bridges lower roller beam to about 2nd pin hole from bottom.
Place lugs of jack posts in ramp ledge of bankseat beam (para. 4-20d.) or place wedge of jack post
between post and bankseat beam (para. 4-20c.). Guide bottom of jack posts into brackets on outside of
bankseat beam. Pin jack posts to bankseat beam with nose pins put in from the inside of the bracket to
the outside. Secure nose pin with retainer clip.
Position two double story baseplates at end of bridge. Baseplates are placed end to end at centerline.