ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(11) Pay out pullers until weight of bridge is taken by safety chains.
(12) Slide roller beam out from under bridge. Remove or reposition packing.
While lowering the bridge carefully move the truck as necessary to keep the cables clear of the
davit posts. This will result In the davit posts being slightly out of vertical at the end of lowering.
Pickets may be required to secure or anchor baseplates.
(13) Operate cable pullers to lift bridge high enough to release safety chains. Operate cable pullers to lower
bridge to ground or onto packing if required.
(14) Remove cable from pulleys and puller.
(15) Disconnect push bars from adapter and davit posts.
(16) Remove davit posts and baseplates.
(17) Remove jacking bracket from bankseat beam.
A crane can be used as an alternative to jacks or davits to lift/lower end of bridge. After final launch and the far bank
has been lowered using the landing roller pedestal, the drill for lowering bridge using a crane is as follows:
Ensure crane and slings are of sufficient capacity.
Position crane near rear of bridge on centerline. Ensure that hook and block of crane is centered over