ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
If the bridge is to be push launched follow steps (21), and (22) and continue. For a jack launch
proceed to step (23). For a push launch ensure that all conditions for a push launch have been
met. (Chapter 5 section 1 para. b).
Bridge Is pushed off roller beam by hand - DO NOT USE CARRYING BARS. Push from the rear
only. Keep personnel away from the sides of the bridge.
(21) Unlock roller beam rollers and push bridge off rollers onto the ground.
(22) Remove roller beam, supports and baseplates.
If push launch was carried out proceed to step (25).
(23) Change position of jack post wedge (to down position), (para. 4-20c.).
(24) Jack down bridge (para. 4-20e.).
(25) If approach surface is to be improved, do so at this time.
(26) Hook seven short or long ramp units to near bankseat beam. Ensure anti-lift lugs are engaged (para. 4-
(27) Lay decking, starting on near bank end of bridge (para. 4-25).
(28) If exit surface is to be improved, do so at this time.
(29) Hook seven short or long ramps to far bankseat beam. Ensure anti lift-lugs are engaged.
(30) Fit curbs, starting on near bank end of bridge (para. 4-26).
(31) Put bridge guide markers in place (para. 4-26).
(32) After bridge has passed inspection, put bridge classification signs in place.
(33) Make sure all erection equipment is away from roadway. The bridge is now ready for use.