ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
Use jacks to lower bridge onto roller beam, removing packing one layer at a time until bridge is on roller
(10) Take one jack, jack post, jack handle, launching nose pin and one piece of packing to far bank.
If possible, the light launching nose should be connected to the bankseat beam before raising the
(11) Connect rear of light launching nose to bankseat beam, then connect light nose front to light nose rear
(12) Connect jack post to outer bracket on bankseat beam (para. 4-20c.) and jack up far bank end of bridge
high enough to slide landing roller under rear of launching nose.
(13) Position landing roller squarely under launching nose, with center of landing roller no more than 9 in (23
cm) from edge of bankseat beam.
(14) Operate jack to lower launching nose onto landing roller. Ensure that ridges on nose fit between rollers.
One person remains on far bank ready for step (18).
(15) On near bank, position building pedastals 12ft from the roller beam in line with bridge girders.