ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(11) Fit launching nose cross girder posts to headless pins at junction of bays 2 and 3 (para. 4-11a.).
(12) Fit launching nose cross girder to posts at correct height (para. 4-11c.).
(13) Connect front and rear sections of light nose together and place front end of light nose section on nose
roller and rear end on nose cross girder. Rear of nose section should extend about 2 ft (0.61 m) behind
cross girder [para. 4-12b. steps (1) to (4)].
(14) Add bay 4.
(15) Add first heavy nose and landing roller pedestal assembly [para. 4-12b steps (5) to (9)].
(16) Add bay 5.
(17) Add second heavy nose section (2N1) [para. 4-12b. steps (10) and (11)].
Do not remove panel pin until another nose section is attached, and the nose crew has hands on
the nose to prevent it from rolling.
(18) Add bay 6.
(19) Add third, fourth and fifth nose sections (3N1, 4N1 & 5N1) booming nose forward and securing with
panel pin each time [para. 4-12b. step (12)].