ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(26) Unlock rollers and boom bridge forward until panel point 2pl is over rollers; lock rollers.
(27) Add bay 9.
From this step every boom is performed using a vehicle (para. 4-18). The following cautions must
be observed each time the bridge is boomed. Do not allow vehicle to drift right or left of
centerline. Keep vehicle straight and in line with bridge. Movement of bridge to right or left can
cause damage to roller beam.
(28) Unlock rollers.
(29) Using vehicle launch bridge to panel point 2p7 (over RB). Note CG is at 2p7.
(30) Set up landing roller pedestal (para. 4-15a.).
Far bank crew guides launching nose onto roller and holds nose down on roller during next step.
Site conditions may determine that noses have to be removed during next boom. If so see steps
(32) and (33).
(31) Continue launch until end of last top panels are 3 panel points (9p5) from the center of the roller beam.
Stop launch, lock rollers.
(32) Remove both sections of light launching nose.
Before removing a heavy nose section, the adjoining section shall extend a minimum of [5 ft (1.5
m)] beyond the center of the landing roller.