ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
Ensure that roller beam is centered under bridge.
Ensure that roller beam is positioned at a right angle (90°) to bridge.
Lower bridge onto roller beam, removing packing one layer at a time until bridge is on roller beam.
(10) Fit launching nose cross girder posts to headless pins at junction of bays 2 and 3 (para. 4-11a.).
(11) Fit launching nose cross girder to posts at correct height (para. 4-11c.).
(12) Fit launching nose roller to far bankseat beam (para. 4-10)
(13) Move vehicle into position about 15 ft (4.6 m) from end of bridge.
Ensure vehicle is straight with bridge.
Center vehicle over centerline.
(14) Connect vehicle to bankseat beam with short push bar (para. 4-18c.).
(15) Assemble launching nose (para. 4-14a.).
(16) Using landing roller pedestal, raise bridge off ground until jack is fully extended.
Vehicle is holding bridge and roller catches In RB are locked.
(17) Unlock rollers, delaunch bridge to panel point 9p5 adding remaining launching nose heavies and light
always maintaining 5 ft safety distance in front of LRP. Lock rollers.
(18) Disconnect vehicle from bridge and move vehicle at least 20 ft (6.1 m) from rear of bridge,
(19) Remove bankseat beam (reverse of para. 4-9a.)
(20) Remove bays 12, 11 and 10.
During delaunch, if the end of bridge touches ground, lower landing roller pedestal.
(21) Using vehicle delaunch to panel point 2p7, then raise the bridge to position building pedestals as
required to keep rear of bridge off the ground. Note CG of bridge is over roller beam.
(22) Recover landing roller pedestal (para. 4-15c.).
(23) Hold rear of bridge down, unlock rollers and boom bridge to panel point 2pl. Lock rollers.
(24) Disconnect vehicle and remove bay 9.
(25) By hand boom bridge to panel point lp5; lock rollers.